WhisperTeach™- Auto Z-Teach
WhisperTeach™— BPM’s advanced patented Auto-Z teach technology eliminates the need for a highly skilled operator to set critical Z-height for pick-and-place functions. WhisperTeach™ offers faster set up times and improved yields. WhisperTeach™ eliminates common Z-height errors such as miss picks, miss place, and socket continuity flaws.
Very small devices such as WLCSP, SOT, DFN have very low mass. When teaching Z with a vacuum, the suction causes the part to jump up to the nozzle, increasing the possibility of an inaccurate Z teach elevation. Because automated systems are extremely consistent, a less-than-perfect teach may cause pick and place errors, dropped parts, cracked parts, and continuity errors.
- Available on all BPM Automated Programmers
- Does not require additional hardware
- Teaches large devices and VSP devices, from 32mm down to 0.4 x 0.2mm
- Will not blow away small devices
- Smarter detection algorithm which will self-calibrate with each teach attempt
- It is fully automated. Just center the “bomb-sights” at the part and click the button.
- Comes standard with most BPM Automated Programming Systems (APS)
- The new hardware will not interfere with operation of old software for customers that need to continue using older releases
- Eliminates device jump cause by vacuum
- Because it does not use vacuum, the part stays stationary until the part is detected
- At least 10x more accurate than industry-standard vacuum teach (accurate to within 15 microns)
- Makes teaching very simple for operators
- Reduces operator training required
- Reduces setup and teach time
- Increases machine up time
- Improves yield