Production-Level Support from BPM Microsystems
BPM Microsystems Production Support Features
Our production level Support Agreement Subscription is designed for those customers who run critical operations and demand the highest level of support possible. BPM Microsystems tailors our production support structure to make sure that customers receive fast, efficient support without any headaches.
24/7 Hotline: +1 832-617-5702
You can report issues with device production outside of normal business hours. The customer will be put into contact with a live Field Service Engineer (for APS related issues) or Customer Service Engineer (for device related issues). Engineers will work with customers to collect all data on the issue, provide debug steps to resolve the issue over the phone, and will immediately create a BPM case if the issue requires additional time to resolve. This service is available to any BPM customer located in North America (Canada, US, and Mexico). Fees apply if not covered by current service/software contract. Please contact your local Distributor for support outside of North America.
Warranty replacement parts can ship from our headquarters in Houston, Texas, or directly from one of our global stock locations. Warranty replacement does not cover consumable parts or damage caused by the customer. In the case of local spare parts, customers have had replacement parts at their facility and installed in less than 30 minutes. We cover programming sites (include site power supplies), industrial computer, motors, motor drivers, idlers, encoders, bearings, PC-Boards, optics systems, pneumatic system components, laser, (Scanlab marking head, electronic components, PCB’s, Pneumatic system parts), tape loader (TM50 or TM330 models only), tray stacker (TS1500 model only) – complete system coverage.
Priority Case Handling
You will receive priority in our new customer relationship management system. All of your incoming cases will receive a special tag that designates you as a full support user and we will prioritize your requests as necessary.
On-site support does not require a PO for labor hours when you are under a hardware contract. You will only be required to submit a PO for travel and expenses only, saving you $2,400 USD per day. Typical service visits require 1-3 days.
Annual Preventative Maintenance
One of our experienced field service engineers will visit your facility once a year to perform preventative maintenance on your equipment. This will ensure that your equipment stays up to date and properly calibrated by a member of our team. We want to make sure that you are getting optimal performance from your automated programming systems.
Software Support –
Get access to the latest version of BPWin to keep your machines running with all of the latest features, plus access to 24/7 phone support. Software support also includes access to daily BPWin updates to provide customers with the latest, fully tested device algorithms. Contract holders can sign up to receive immediate notification of critical changes made to existing algorithms in BPWin. Maintaining your programming equipment with the latest BPWin algorithms assures you the highest quality, best production yield and use of the last optimized algorithms supporting your programmable devices.
Device Support Algorithm Credits
Receive up to six standard algo credits equal to a maximum value of $500 each. Algo credits can be used for algorithm additions and for some socket development charges.
BPM Microsystems offers three different support levels to allow customers to choose the level of support that best suits their production environment. All new automated programming equipment comes with one free year of our production level support which encompasses a suite of benefits tailored to those customers requiring the highest level of support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our basic support level is free to all customers who purchase any equipment from BPM Microsystems, and our software support tier is popular among our customers performing frequent manual programming and first article testing.
Support Level Offerings
|Basic Support||Software Support||Production Level Support|
Phone and Email Support during Office Hours
|Training Documentation for Automated and Manual Equipment||✔||✔||✔|
|BPWin Case Submission Tool||✔||✔||✔|
|Account-Based Access to the Latest BPWin and Algorithm Releases.||✔||✔|
|6 Standard Algorithm Credits equal to a maximum value of $500 each for new Algorithm Support||✔||✔|
Two Free Annual Preventative Maintenance Service Calls
|Access to Regional Stock Locations for Warranty Replacements||✔|
|Full Hardware Warranty Support for Replacement Parts and Access to Manual Programming Loaner Equipment||✔|
|Priority Case Handling||✔|
|24x7 Phone and Email Support for Critical Issues||✔|
|Free On-Site Labor hours from Our Experienced Field Service Engineering Team||✔|
|Escalation Contact List with Managerial Contact Information||✔|
|12 Month Agreement||$99/Month||$149/Month||$149/Month|
|36-month agreement (15% discount)||$84.15 / mo||$126.65 / mo||$126.65 / mo|
BPM Microsystems Annual Support Agreement Subscription
BPM Microsystems is committed to providing customers with the highest level of support in the device programming industry. The value we provide to our customers is delivered as a package of high-quality programming hardware, powerful software, and award-winning technical support. Our Support Agreement Subscription customers recognize the importance of complementing their programming hardware with the latest BPWin software.
Continuous improvements that include algorithm code revisions and software features enhance the usability of the programmer so that it operates even more effectively today than it did yesterday. Support Agreement Subscription customers have access to the resources needed to perform the programming job with confidence. When assistance is required, customers know our Technical Support Team has the expertise and is there to help.
Production Programming System Warranty Coverage
APS Warranty Coverage– Automated Systems are warranted against material and workmanship defects for a period of 12 months from the date of installation. Warranted parts may be repaired or replaced at the sole discretion of BPM Microsystems. This warranty specially excludes failures due to normal wear and tear or due to misuse, abuse, neglect, or failure by the operator to follow the correct procedure. This warranty also excludes all consumables items including but not limited to the items listed below.
- Warranted Parts– Programming sites (include site power supplies), Industrial Computer, Motors, Motor Drivers, Idlers, Encoders, Bearings, PC-Boards, Optics systems, Pneumatic system components, Laser (Scanlab marking head, electronic components, PCBs, Pneumatic system parts), Tape Loader (TM50 or TM330 models only), Tray Stacker (TS1500 model only) – Complete system coverage, BPM Microsystems can typically ship items to anywhere in the world in 24 to 48 hours. Items can ship as late as 4:00 pm CST for customers who are under warranty.
- Service and Support– Products under warranty receive priority support. Normal telephone response time for Customer Service to a customer is within 2 hours of the initial reporting of an issue. If a customer requires a technician from BPM to be on site for a repair, warranty service includes the cost for repair or replacement including labor and idle hours. Warranty excludes fees for reasonable and customary travel expenses when necessary. The on-site response schedule is based upon receipt of the Purchase Order for travel and a written letter of invitation, when required, emailed to
inside_sales@bpmMicro.com on or before 11:00 am CST. BPM Microsystems will invoice for travel expenses after the service call has been completed.
- Preventative Maintenance (PM)– Maintenance Service includes two scheduled visits during the warranty contract period. The schedule should be during normal business hours and planned approximately four weeks in advance. The PM is based on the availability of a service technician. The customer is responsible for consumable parts replaced during the service call and must reimburse BPM Microsystems for reasonable and customary travel expenses.
- Extended Hours Telephone Support– +1 (832) 617-5702 is available to customers for support after normal business hours. This access is exclusively in support of automated production machines under warranty. Response time can vary. Normal support hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST. Extended support hours are Monday through Friday 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm CST and Saturday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Exclusions apply for USA Holidays.
- Extended Warranty– At any time before the initial 12-month warranty expires, the customer may elect to activate an Extended Service Contract when available. After the warranty period has expired a BPM field service engineer must evaluate the machine at the customer’s expense prior to establishing warranty coverage. Unless agreed and excluded at the time of coverage, extended warranties receive the same benefit as the original first-year factory warranty. Extended warranties can only be purchased directly from BPM Microsystems for the countries of the USA, Mexico, and Canada. Direct support may be available to other customers at the discretion of BPM Microsystems Service and Sales Management.
- Exclusions and Consumables not Covered by the Machine Warranty– belts, socket modules, and replacement sockets, site interposer boards, site stepper motors, e-chain cables, tape feeders, filters, laser charcoal filter and HEPA filter, laser tube (excluded for extended warranty), pick nozzles, v-ring, z-bellows, laser nozzles and nozzle o-rings, CyberOptics® camera/sensor is excluded if the lens is cracked or chipped. Obsolete or legacy peripheral equipment such as the TM300, Vibe Platforms, and Tube Stacker outside of the original factory warranty period. Equipment or parts not purchased initially from BPM Microsystems are excluded from warranty.
- Please note that our warranty support is subject to the availability of hardware parts. While we strive to offer comprehensive coverage, there may be instances where certain parts become obsolete or no longer manufactured by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). In such cases, we regretfully cannot guarantee warranty support specifically related to those particular parts. When this happens, we’ll do our best to find a fair solution. This might mean giving you a credit, or a similar product when we can.