About the Job
We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer, with a “Maker” mindset, to join our growing team in Houston, Texas. You will develop, hand off to manufacturing and support best-in-class automated machines, peripherals, and subassemblies used by our customers around the globe. This fast-paced role involves cross-functional collaboration with other R&D teams and manufacturing to take products and solutions from concept through production release.
BPM Microsystems is a rapidly growing manufacturer of robotic semiconductor production equipment that brings billions of electronic devices to life around the world. We design and manufacture products in Houston. Each time you use your computer, phone or car, you are likely relying on our solutions. Most modern electronic devices have memory chips that need to be programmed with data. Our systems load data patterns into flash, microcontrollers and other non-volatile memory devices that power virtually all electronics today. The engineering solutions we deliver are mission-critical. You may not know our name, but literally billions of people depend on us every day.
- System Development & Sustaining Activities:
- Develop new automated pick and place systems, integrate peripherals like cameras, laser marking systems, and relevant electromechanical subsystems including motors, encoders, transmission and bearings.
- Innovate by creating new designs from scratch based on the company’s requirements and support ongoing projects.
- Experience with sheet metal and machined part design.
- Provide technical insights for problem-solving, both for new products and in sustaining existing ones.
- Quality & Performance Assurance:
- Utilize methodologies like Design for Six Sigma and FMEA to ensure product robustness and effective project execution.
- Adhere to ISO 9001 standards for design and development.
- Project Management:
- Prepare accurate cost estimates and design products to meet both cost and profitability targets.
- Ensure projects are completed within the defined schedules and budgets.
- Collaboration & Reviews:
- Actively lead and participate in design review sessions, ensuring proposed designs meet requirements in terms of manufacturability, reliability, sustainability, and commercial viability.
- Collaborate closely with software and electrical engineering departments to develop holistic solutions to design challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 3D design tools like Autocad or Solidworks experience
- You can show us things you have made.
- Demonstrated application of engineering principles and techniques in the area of machine design and robotics.
- Understands systems engineering, electrical, control systems, mechanics, product development process, project management, and manufacturing experience (BOMs, ECOs, NPI, vendor qualification and selection)
- 2 years experience in manufacturing and design
- Strong technical judgment and problem-solving skills, with a strong record of delivering products to market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to facilitate collaborative design with in-house manufacturing and outsourcing partners worldwide
- Must be committed, focused, respectful and persistent
- 3D printing technology to aid in the design and prototyping process.
- Familiarity with CE-Mark compliance standards and ISO 9001:2015
- Motion control experience and system design
- Understanding of fundamentals of electrical engineering
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Understanding of robotics and mechatronics
You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. We are building and delivering real products — not concepts for management presentations. This must excite you. We offer a competitive salary, meaningful profit sharing, health benefits, an exciting work environment, and the chance to contribute greatly towards building an exciting company. Background and references will be checked. Highly qualified candidates are encouraged to apply in confidence. For more information about BPM Microsystems, visit our website, www.bpmmicro.com.