If you’re into cool gadgets, APEX 2019 was like a techie’s Christmas. BPM brought its coolest new machines and rocked it! Trade shows are a lot of work, and lots of things can go wrong (and they did), but fortunately, everything was running like a top by Tuesday morning. Here are the highlights and some more pics:
- NPI Award for WhisperTeach+ (if you bring back an NPI award in your carry-on luggage, it will flag a security check)
- Over 150 guests (that we know about) over 2-1/2 days
- Two video interviews (with Global SMT and What’s New in Electronics). Links coming soon
- Many opportunities discovered and a few rekindled
- Winner of the WhisperTeach Challenge is Daniel Almazan of Benchmark in Guadalajara, Mexico. For being the closest human to BPM’s WhisperTeach (accurate to 15 microns), Daniel wins an iPad!
- The 3910 and 4910 Automated Programming Systems demonstrated why they are the best solution for Automotive, Industrial, IoT, Medical, etc. device programming— they truly are fast and easy (and profitable!)
- An 8-foot video wall provided some additional buzz
- Most of our Sales Representative Organizations covering the US, Canada, and Latin America participated, including InterLatin, the Murray Percival Group, and Restronics Inc.
- Quote of the week: “Your booth is amazing– so much traffic; you must have sexy machines!” from our next-door neighbor from Parker Hannifin
Video— BPM introduces Award-Winning WhisperTeach+
BPM Microsystems upgrades its WhisperTeach software to WhisperTeach+, the NPI 2019 Award Winner for Production Software. The new software plots X and Y coordinates in addition to the Z height, limiting the potential for misplaced or damaged devices during programming. Trevor Galbraith of Global SMT & Packaging interviews James “Jim” Holava, Global Sales Director with BPM Microsystems on January 29, 2019, at IPC APEX 2019.