On January 10, 2005, BPM Microsystems announces the End of Life plans for BPDOS software and legacy programmer products.
BPM Microsystems has decided to End of Life its BPDOS software product and programmers with legacy site technology***. Below is the timeline for the end of life plan:
- January 1, 2005 – End of life for BPDOS announced
- December 2005 – Final Release of BPDOS available to customers via website download
- January 1, 2006 – BPDOS algorithms after this date are available only for a fee* and will require a valid Software Support Agreement where applicable**
– Algorithm development in BPDOS will have increased technology limitations
– No software bug fixes will be performed
- December 1, 2006 – No additional BPDOS device requests will be accepted
- January 1, 2008 – No BPM software (Windows) released after this date will support legacy site technology***
*Requirement – In addition to charging a fee per algorithm, BPM requires that concurrent and automated customers have a valid Software Support Agreement for the intended supported machine to request a BPDOS algorithm. Engineering programmer users will be charged the algorithm addition fee only. BPM Microsystems reserves the right to “No Bid” any algorithm request based on technology limitations. Once the algorithm addition is complete, the software version will be made available to the customer via a password protected FTP download site. If two algorithms are purchased at separate time periods, the last software version available for download via FTP site will have all algorithms purchased by that customer. Device additions should continue to be made via the BPM Microsystems website.
**Software Support Agreements (software contract) for BPDOS – Contract for BPDOS and BPWIN will be the same price and agreement. A prorated Software Support Agreement can be purchased in 2006 with a minimum of a six-month term for BPDOS units. No additional BPDOS device requests will be accepted beyond December 1, 2006. The 2 GDP algorithms and free flash algorithms included with Software Support Agreements cannot apply to BPDOS algorithms after December 31, 2005. No software “bug” fixes will be performed after December 31, 2005. Effective December 1, 2004 no feature requests will be performed on BPDOS. All current feature requests for BPDOS are declined for development.
***Legacy Site Technology Product Models
Engineering: Only supported on special software – EP-1, 1100, 1128, 1132, 1140, 1500. Currently supported by software – 1148, 1200, Actel Silicon Sculptor
Concurrent: 2000, 2100, 2500, 2510, 2600M
Automated: 3100, 4100, 3500, 4500, 3510, 4510
Tester: 340, 350, 360, 370
Peripherals: 3×00 Labeler, Pro Automation Tray Stacker, Synrad Laser, Excel Laser, TM300 Tape Loader