Position: Device Support Engineer
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Company: BPM Microsystems, LP
About This Position
BPM Microsystems, a rapidly growing leader in the automated semiconductor production equipment industry, is looking for a dynamic, problem-solving, Device Support Engineer to join our growing team in Houston, Texas. The Device Support Team develops programming algorithms and socket adapter PCBAs to support the latest flash memories, microcontrollers and FPGAs to support new product introduction and production ramp at leading technology companies globally.
As a Device Support Engineer, you are part of the Device Support Team that drives all aspects of supporting customers and the computer chips (devices) they want to program. You work with devices from semiconductor manufacturers. You analyze how to program these devices and create software algorithms to complete this work. This includes analyzing the device electrical/mechanical requirements, performing research to ensure the right socket card is being identified and communicating with third-party socket/receptacle vendors to identify and test socket solutions for devices. You are also responsible for design and release of adapter boards to program such devices. In this position, you will interact with leading semiconductor manufacturers and their semiconductor devices. You will stay abreast of the latest technologies being used in the industry and the means by which they are programmed.
- Write algorithms to support Non-Volatile memory devices
- Update existing algorithms with new specification changes from semiconductor manufacturers
- Design and release socket module adapter boards
- Evaluate any incoming requests for support of devices
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedure and criteria using good judgment in completing device support engineering tasks
- Work with QA and Software teams on unique testing requirements
- Work with Technical Support on any issues or questions pertaining to Device Support
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems found and reported by QA or customers
- Maintain good relationships with semiconductor manufacturer engineers and contacts
- Bachelor or advanced degree, preferably Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering
- Basic electronics
- Understanding of C/C++/Assembly languages.
- Familiar with EPROM, Flash, Microcontrollers, and PLDs
- Familiar with signal integrity, ground bounce, power supply noises etc.
- Ability to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Multitasking, detail oriented
About BPM Microsystems
Founded in 1985, BPM Microsystems is an industry leader that makes industrial robotic systems bringing bring billions of electronic devices to life around the world. Each time you use your computer, phone or car, you are likely relying on our work product. Every modern electronic circuit has programmable chips that need to be programmed. Our systems load data patterns into the programmable flash memories and microcontrollers that power today’s electronic world.