Location: Houston, TX, USA
Company: BPM Microsystems, Inc. | August 28, 2019
About BPM Microsystems and the Job
BPM Microsystems, a rapidly growing leader in the automated, semiconductor production equipment industry, is looking for a dynamic, Customer Service Technician to join our award-winning customer service team in Houston, Texas. This team supports a global customer base for all of their automated and manual programming needs including installation and setup of capital equipment, conducting high-level training sessions, and developing knowledge articles to increase case deflection.
BPM Microsystems is a 34-year old industry leader that makes the most innovative industrial robotic systems that bring billions of electronic devices to life around the world. Each time you use your computer, phone or car, you are likely relying on our work product. Every modern electronic circuit has programmable chips that need to be programmed. Our systems load data patterns into the programmable flash memories and microcontrollers that power virtually all electronics today. You may not know our name, but literally billions of people depend on us every day.
Forward-looking Strategic Planning
- Responsible for, and has to observe every financial and operative function of the organization.
- Create and maintain a forward-looking financial model to predict future performance and cash requirements
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Senior Leadership Team as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with an emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Organize and manage open-book accounting practice
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions including auditing
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the bookkeeping and tax reporting of subsidiary LLCs
- Develop KPIs across the company that supports the company’s strategic direction
- Build and motivate a team of responsive to the company’s needs
- Build complex spreadsheets for forecasting financial performance
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources departments
- Oversee the financial operations and bookkeeping of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Oversee quarterly bonuses and commission payments
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls and policies over accounting transactions including any creation of a financial obligation within the company
- Analyze the company’s transactions, looking for anomalies and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and execute checklists to close the books by the 5th of the month
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Build and maintain complex spreadsheets for financial reporting and analysis
- Work with credit reporting agencies to ensure the company’s rating is favorable
- Create a report for P&L by product line
- Setup and operate an appropriate set of internal controls
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the CEO
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Obtaining financing
- Develop and maintain bank relationships
- Debt Management
- Initiate and review inventory cycle counts
- Perform cost accounting for manufacturing including computing absorption rates
Business or Accounting degree preferred
Experience: 8-10 Years of experience in Accounting