Position: Accounting Coordinator
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Company: BPM Microsystems, LP
About This Position:
As our Accounting Coordinator, you will contribute directly to the effectiveness of our working capital management by owning the full-cycle processing of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. This ownership starts with billing timely and accurately all products shipped and services rendered. It then extends to collecting the receivables by the due date being always the professional ambassador of BPM. You will be the face BPM when interacting with our suppliers and vendors. You will strive to record all vendor invoices timely and accurately within the established internal control framework and coordinate the payment of vendor invoices. You will also contribute to process payroll, record inventory transactions, identify and initiate payment request for commissions to reps, reconcile and analyze assigned general ledger accounts, and perform other delegated tasks.
- Full-cycle processing of Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable
- Invoicing – generate customer billings, based on alerts from Shipping & Receiving (for hardware products) and Engineering (for software products) Issuing Credit Memos – provide CMs to customers after thorough research and authorization from Inside Sales personnel
- Preparing Bank Deposits – ensuring the company endorsement is made on the reverse side of the check and deposit slips are completed accurately, and alerting appropriate company personnel that the deposit is ready for transit to the bank
- Posting Wire Transfer Payments – making the proper General Ledger entries and Accounts Payable records for wire transfers initiated by Accounting and approved/released by Management
- Performing Collection Follow-up – regularly reviewing customer account agings to determine those past-due and requiring customer contact
- Setting-up New Customer Accounts – entering key customer information in the ERP system; preparing documents necessary for establishing Credit Limits
- Reconciling Customer Account – research / resolving customer payment discrepancies and timely responding to customer inquiries
- Responding to Other Inquiries – eg, Inside Sales, Shipping & Receiving, Customer Service, Accounting
- Maintaining Customer Files – this includes both electronic and hard-copy files of customer-submitted documents, notes re: telephone calls, etc
- Matching Documents – Purchase Orders, Receivers & Vendor Invoices
- Recording Vendors’ Invoices – following the matching process, entering and vouching invoice information in AP
- Coding Employee Expense Reports – applying proper account coding to approved Expense Reports
- Reconciling Corporate Credit Card Statements – applying proper account coding to charges; prepare accrual JE for “out-of-period” charges appearing on statements
- Generating Vendors’ Checks – based on Controller’s/Senior Accountant’s identification of invoices to be paid
- Setting-up New Vendor Accounts – entering key vendor information in the ERP system
- Reconciling Customer Account – research/resolving vendor payment discrepancies and issues; timely respond to vendor inquiries
- Maintaining Vendor Files – this includes both electronic and hard-copy files of vendor-submitted documents, notes re: telephone calls, etc.
- Recording inventory transactions
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years experience in accounting is required.
- Degree must be from a not-for-profit college.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with ERP systems (Exact Macola is preferred)
- Team player and self-starter
- An Associate’s degree in accounting is required.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must possess excellent verbal, personal and communication skills in order to interact effectively with other employees, customers, and vendors.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to complete tasks, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
About BPM Microsystems
Founded in 1985, BPM Microsystems is an industry leader that makes industrial robotic systems bringing bring billions of electronic devices to life around the world. Each time you use your computer, phone or car, you are likely relying on our work product. Every modern electronic circuit has programmable chips that need to be programmed. Our systems load data patterns into the programmable flash memories and microcontrollers that power today’s electronic world.